Debunking myths on genetics and DNA

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"Try it all and see how it turns out": author Patricia Josephine talks about her series, Path of Angels


Today my guest is fantasy and paranormal author Patricia Josephine who, contrary to most writers out there, claims that she
"never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was all about art. On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head. That was the start of it and she hasn't regretted a moment." 
Well, I'm glad that her Muse found her anyway, because her series Path of Angels is simply fantastic. You can already purchase Michael and Zadekiel, while the third book in the series, Jophiel, is due on June 9.

Welcome, Patricia!

EEG: So, Patricia, is it true that you never even dreamed of being a writer?

PJ: Well, writing wasn’t on my bucket list. It wasn’t even on the radar. I was all about art in high school, then later, cooking. My day job, I’m a cook in a deli/coffee/bakery currently. I always had story ideas. I’d use them to lull myself to sleep. Sometimes. There’d be nights, I’d lay awake most of the night, musing on various stories. It wasn’t until I was bored one day that I decided to write the stories down. When I started my first young adult novel, Being Human (written under the pen name Patricia Lynne), it seemed like a story people would enjoy reading. I started looking into publishing. It exploded from there and now not writing is a very weird concept.

EEG: When did you start writing Path of Angels and what was the idea that inspired the series?

PJ: Path of Angels was something I wrote waaaaaay back in 2011, I think. It was after Being Human, but since they were short, I wasn’t sure what to do with the series. Each part is about 20K words or 60ish pages. I honestly don’t know what inspired the story. Usually, I can remember what triggered an idea, but nope, nada.

EEG: Do you listen to music when you write and if so, what genre?

PJ: No, I can’t listen to music. It distracts me. Sometimes a song will inspire a scene, but chances are, it’s not the story I’m working on and doesn’t do me much good. I can, however, watch TV, but only certain shows that don’t require much attention.

EEG: What's your favorite time of the day for writing?

PJ: I usually write in the afternoon or evening. I’m not a morning person, so that’s just out of the question. Unless we are talking one in the morning, but by then I’m usually too tired to string a sentence together.

EEG: What is the best piece of advice you would give a new writer?

PJ: Find what works best for you. There is a lot of advice out there on how to write. The thing is, each writer is different. What works for someone, may not work for another. You have to try it all and see how it turns out. If it works, keep it. If it doesn’t, discard it and don’t feel guilty when someone says it’s what they do.

EEG: I couldn't agree more! :-) Thanks so much for chatting with us today, Patricia!

Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo, has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow, and an obsession with Doctor Who.

Here's how to find Patricia on line and get in touch with her:



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! I think it's awesome the writing muse would not leave her alone. We are exactly alike with the answer to the music question. :)

    Congratulations Patricia's on your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who can't do music and writing.
      Thanks Kimberly!

      Delete
  3. Patricia, that's great to know there's someone else out there who never wanted to be an author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny the turns life gives us. If we hadn't become authors we'd never have met online.

      Delete
  4. Nice to meet you, Patricia. I wouldn't mind meeting some angels. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too, Emaginette. I can introduce you. ;)

      Delete
  5. And look at what that whim did for you, Patrcia! That is awesome. :D

    I love books with angel characters. I need to check out your series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's just like my knitting too. More, more, MORE!

      Delete

Comments are moderated. Comments with spam links will be deleted and never published. So, if your intention is to leave a comment just to post a bogus link, please spare your time and mine. To all others: thank you for leaving a comment, I will respond as soon as possible.