So this is it. My book is now live on Amazon. <Inhales sharply, lets out a sigh.>
Now, here's the thing: what really helps a book pick up are reviews. Lots of them. The number of stars does not matter. So long as the reviews keep coming, the Amazon algorithm will pick up the book and make it more visible.
Bottom line: I'm really grateful for anyone taking the time to write a review, and I want to show my gratitude with a sweepstake. Read on to see how it works.
PRIZE: an 8x10 (or larger*) print of your choice from my photography website, matted and autographed OR a $25 amazon gift card (whichever you prefer).
* some images may not be fit for the 8x10 crop, in which case the print will be larger to accommodate the crop.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Buy the book (or, if you can read the Kindle format, you can still request an ARC copy, details here).
- Write an honest review on Amazon.
- Come back to this post and let me know in the comments. If you want to write the review anonymously, that's perfectly fine, just give me an identifier in the comment so I can find your review and make sure nobody else claims it.
- Enter your info in the Rafflecopter widget below (that way the drawing will be blinded and non-biased because Rafflecopter will do it for me).
- Not mandatory, but you get bonus points if you tell a friend, share on FB, share on Twitter, share whichever way you want, just share.
Stil questions? Scroll down and you'll find the FAQ right below the Rafflecopter widget.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* How long will the sweepstake be open?
Until July 30, 2014.
* Does it matter what edition of your book (Kindle or print) I buy?
* How do I write an Amazon review?
Make sure you are logged into your Amazon account. Click here, and then scroll down: below the last review you'll see a button that looks like this:
* I didn't like your book and I wrote a negative review. Can I still enter your sweepstake?
Absolutely! So long as your review is honest, of course. I do reserve the right to exclude reviews that have foul language and/or are hateful and/or disrespectful, though usually Amazon filters those out already. Other than that, if that's how you felt about the book, by all means. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to write an honest review. I will randomly draw one (or more, see "bonus" above) winner(s) from everyone who wrote a review.
* What if I wrote an anonymous review?
Give me some identifier, like for example: "My review begins with the words ... "
* I wrote the review on Goodreads. Does that count?
Thanks so much for the review! It's easier for me to keep track of one place only, so I ask you to please cut and paste the Goodreads review on Amazon and then come tell me in the comments. Thank you!
* Can I choose any image for sale on your website?
Yes. When you go to my website you will find anything from landscapes, flowers, and composites. The only exception would be clients' portraits since those are personal and not for sale.
* I shared this post. How do I get bonus points?
First, write the review. Then come back to this post, and tell me in the comments: (1) how to find your review; (2) how to find your share.
* What does "matted and autographed" mean?
It means the print will be mounted on a foam core back and it will have a 2-inch mat all around. I will sign the mat in a corner so you know the print is authentic.
* How will I know if I am a winner?
I will post the results here on the blog sometime in August. I will use whatever name/pseudonym you used on the review and I will ask you to contact me privately with the details of where to ship the prize and the image of your choice. If you think you might miss the post, I suggest you subscribe via email to the blog (look for the "Follow by Email" button on the right column).
* I don't care about your print. Do you have anything else to offer?
If you are a winner and don't want a matted print I'll send you a $25 amazon gift card.
* I wrote the review but I didn't say so in the comments. Am I still taking part in the sweepstake?
Thanks so much for writing the review! Rafflecopter will draw the random winner(s) from anyone who enters through the widget above, so unless you comment on this post to let me know which one is your review you cannot be entered in the sweepstake.
That's it. If you have questions, ask them in the comments! Thanks so much for the support!