Debunking myths on genetics and DNA

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What have you been up to, Elena?






You mean besides creating funky images? ;-)

Right... Well, you know, the usual.

Work: finishing up the analyses for a paper, addressing the ever-discontented reviewer number three (why is it always reviewer number three?) for another paper, submitting an abstract for a meeting in the fall.

Writing: almost done with my new story, woo-hoo! Planning on shipping off to beta readers by the end of September and have it on Lovely Agent's desk by November.

Photography: getting ready for my first personal show in Santa Fe in the fall! Very excited. :-) Though I should start an inventory pretty soon, before the basement gets completely filled up by prints and frames.

So, that's basically it. What have you guys been up to? :-)

4 comments:

  1. antisocialbutterflieJuly 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

    It sounds like you've had a busy, productive summer in a good way.

    I can't complain too much about reviewer number three. I know an editor for a journal who occasionally taps me as reviewer number 3. Usually when he's hard up for reviewers or when he needs someone to say what everyone is thinking but is too polite to say. I am pretty easy to appease though so my discontent is limited.

    Nothing new on the home front here, but I'm happy to hear things are going well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kat, thanks for stopping by! :-)

      I know, I do find myself being "reviewer #3" from time to time, and then I go, aaaargh! ;-)

      I left you job hunting last time we chatted? Either way, wishing you all the best!

      Delete
  2. Work:Lot's of it.

    Writing:I've been thinking about writing more than actually writing--a state I need to change.

    Reading:I finished reading through all of the Hugo nominations a couple of weeks ago and voted on them. Doing this for the last few years has been an interesting insight into awards and processes around them in general.

    Beyond that, we just got a new car (Fiat 500).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, you got the Fiat 500, how cool is that? :-) Congratulations!

      I've come to the conclusion that thinking about writing is a necessary part of writing, and if you write without thinking you're gonna end up having to think later and rewrite.

      Kudos for reading all the Hugo awards, I know you've been doing this for a while now, I would add that too as a part of the writing process.

      Delete

Comments are moderated. Comments with spam links will be deleted and never published. So, if your intention is to leave a comment just to post a bogus link, please spare your time and mine. To all others: thank you for leaving a comment, I will respond as soon as possible.