Debunking myths on genetics and DNA

Friday, September 7, 2012

ENCODE



The current issue of Nature is dedicated to ENCODE, the Encyclopedia of DNA elements. There are six open access articles that discuss the latest findings concerning the vast genomic area that lies between genes. Many of these "junk DNA" regions have indeed a function!

I've been swamped at work, but I'll do my best to read the papers in the next couple of weeks and discuss them here. In the meantime, you can find the papers at www.nature.com, they are open access. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yay. Encode is so cool--I was hoping you would be writing on it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Comments with spam links will be deleted and never published. So, if your intention is to leave a comment just to post a bogus link, please spare your time and mine. To all others: thank you for leaving a comment, I will respond as soon as possible.