Debunking myths on genetics and DNA

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The neuroscience of politics


Fascinating article over at DISCOVER Magazine: Your Brain on Politics: The Cognitive Neuroscience of Liberals and Conservatives, by Andrea Kuszewski. Very well written and mindful of all the caveats.

Photo: dawn. Shutter speed 1/160, focal length 70mm, ISO 100, F-stop 5.6. I know, I keep photographing the same trees. It's because if I photograph them often enough, God will give them to me. Just kidding. Click on the link to see whom I'm paraphrasing.

2 comments:

  1. That was fascinating. As neuroscience continues to develop we start to see more and more of these rough patterns.
    Just what role consciousness plays is another very interesting area that seems to be getting some good experimental results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I loved about this article was that the author doesn't have a political agenda. She discusses all the caveats of studies like these, and matter-of-factly states that there's a trend. And then she goes on discussing the science behind the trend and what these findings mean.

    I've seen "studies" on supposed trends between people who believe in evolution and people who don't, and I could smell bias from a mile away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Comments with spam links will be deleted and never published. So, if your intention is to leave a comment just to post a bogus link, please spare your time and mine. To all others: thank you for leaving a comment, I will respond as soon as possible.