Debunking myths on genetics and DNA

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Because this makes me smile every time I watch it: the inner life of a cell

I can't remember if I've already shared this video here, but if I have, it's worth seeing more than once. In fact, I watch it every time I get frustrated at work. Every so often we get caught up in failed experiments, dead calculations, politics, grants, etc., and we forget why we are doing this: because deeply inside there's the mysterious, magical beauty of what makes life possible: the cell.
"Created by XVIVO, a scientific animation company near Hartford, CT, the animation illustrates unseen molecular mechanisms and the ones they trigger, specifically how white blood cells sense and respond to their surroundings and external stimuli."

We read about all these mechanisms in textbook, but this video brings them to life, showing you the dynamics, the landscapes, the interactions. It wows me every time. You can read the full story about the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Comments with spam links will be deleted and never published. So, if your intention is to leave a comment just to post a bogus link, please spare your time and mine. To all others: thank you for leaving a comment, I will respond as soon as possible.